18 Feb 21 | Podcast
While there are certainly a lot of commitments around, actual progress towards achieving these goals remains by-and-large slow. Translating commitments into actual practice on the ground – in palm oil, soy, timber and pulp and paper, and cattle products supply chains – is a highly complex matter. Collaboration is increasingly regarded as the only practical route to progress – involving business, the NGO community, financial institutions and government. And everyone can do more to push the pace of commitment implementation.
- Tom Bregman, project manager, Forest 500, Global Canopy Programme
- Jillian Gladstone, senior manager, forests, CDP
- Sylvain Augoyard, corporate social responsibility, BNP Paribas
- Samuel Mary, senior sustainability research analyst, Kepler Cheuvreux
- Fiona Wheatley, sustainable development manager, Marks and Spencer
Introduced and moderated by Ian Welsh, publishing director, Innovation Forum