See here for the video recording of the webinar.
The WEF has identified biodiversity loss and ecosystem collapse as one of the fastest deteriorating global risks over the next decade. With close ties to biodiversity loss throughout their value chains, many apparel brands are seeking to measure, monitor, and reduce their impacts on nature.
Several approaches to measuring corporate biodiversity performance have emerged, forming a complex landscape for businesses to navigate. Before they can act to transform supply chains and the ecosystems they touch, brands must understand how to measure their impacts. In this webinar, we discussed:
• The tools and frameworks available for measurement, including mapping tools and natural capital accounting
• What is the outlook for alignment on biodiversity measurement and valuation for businesses?
• How brands can use the TNFD Framework to report and verify their biodiversity impacts
• Best practice from brands building nature-positive strategies today
• Liesl Truscott, director – industry accountability & insights, Textile Exchange
• Amanda Parkes, chief innovation officer, PANGAIA
• Franklin Holley, director, Conservation International
This webinar was moderated by Tanya Richard,
head of research and stakeholder engagement at Innovation Forum.