How do we scale – and communicate - the landscape approach to sourcing?
11:45 - 12:30
Whilst key to achieving corporate net zero commitments, sustainable sourcing practices alone cannot solve wider systemic issues in commodity landscapes. In order to deliver long lasting and effective sustainable development, companies must take a more holistic approach in sourcing regions. The landscape approach has been hailed a solution to this. However, there are still relatively few examples of the landscape approach in action. In this session, we will assess the barriers to implementation and discuss what is required to scale up landscape approaches. Our panel of experts will discuss:
- What’s standing in the way of companies incorporating the landscape approach into their sourcing practices?
- How can cross-commodity collaboration be achieved in key sourcing regions?
- How to establish and communicate the right incentives, measurements, and financing mechanisms
- What meaningful stakeholder engagement looks like on the ground to ensure farmers and local communities are included in decision making
- The increasing role of blended finance and other incentives: What needs to change?