What can you expect from this conference?
- Accessible to all: If you’re not looking at plastic pollution in depth yet, this event still enables entry level learning through the focus on legislation, procurement, partnerships, scientific evidence and more.
- Cross-sector learning from the experiences of multiple corporates, NGOs and governments and about how to make policy into reality in the supply chain.
- The latest research on regulatory drivers, business impacts, roles and management of sustainable supply chains.
- Engagement with senior sustainability and operations executives in more than 200 companies across FMCG, retail, apparel and technology.
- Debate on HOW business should engage policy makers and government officials in driving positive sustainable changes.
- Engaging networking 1:1 or in small groups, and the chance to join workshops and speed networking sessions with likeminded executives, all focused on practical outcomes.
- Collaboration and partnerships with other large businesses, key suppliers, technology and solutions providers, governments and donor agencies, and NGOs.
- Continued access to all content and materials as the conference site stays live post-conference – so whatever time zone you’re in, you’ll have easy access to all the conference.
Who is Innovation Forum
Innovation Forum is an independent London-based company with decades of collective experience in sustainability events and publishing. We research, create, and facilitate debate-driven, focused events tackling the critical business sustainability challenges around the world.Over the past few years we’ve created successful annual and regional events, including those focused on preventing deforestation, sustainable agriculture, human rights and modern slavery and industry specific conferences in sustainable apparel and sugar production.
More information can be found on our website.
What makes this conference different?
Focused content designed for action and practice – the focus of the agenda and event structure are designed to provide actionable tools and practical insights that you can then apply to your own company.More time for genuine discussion – the agenda and timings have been built to provide time for in-depth debate and meaningful exchange beyond introductions and superficial outlines of initiatives. There will be a lot of experience in the room and therefore we intend for the discussions to be participatory.Held under the Chatham House rule – this event is not intended as a PR platform – we hold the event under a covenant of confidentiality to promote honest exchange.
What are the objectives of this conference?
The primary objectives of this conference will be to:
- Drive progress that works for consumers, the environment, utility and business reality
- Equip business with the practical guidance to develop and implement strategies for reducing plastic footprints
- Highlight leading company approaches and promote industry best practice
- Facilitate collaboration between key actors across the value chain
- Showcase the latest innovations and technologies that can enable companies to deliver on targets
The conference will have 200+ attendees representing retailers, brands, waste management companies, policy makers, suppliers and NGOs and other relevant organisations.
Delegates range from senior management up to director level, primarily from CSR, sustainability, supply chain, procurement, ethical trade, corporate affairs and corporate communication functions.
This is a global conference. It will be comprised primarily of delegates from the UK and Europe, but also North America, Southeast Asia and Africa.
Get in touch for a sample of list of last year's attendees.
Do you offer group discounts?
We strongly encourage attendees to join as a team to ensure you don’t miss anything across the breakout and working group sessions and to make the most out of the connections on the platform. If you’d like to attend with two or more colleagues, we would be happy to offer a group discount. For details, please contact the conference manager, Emily at
How can I apply to speak?
Our speakers are selected and invited based on in-depth research into the leading organisations in the space. However, if you have an interesting program, initiative or partnership, then we would love to hear from you.Please direct your inquiry to Emily at [email protected]
Are there any volunteer opportunities?
Yes, we offer a small number of places to students studying in relevant fields. We ask for some assistance over the two conference days in return for access to the conference sessions and learning opportunities. Get in touch for more details.
How can I stay up to date with further Innovation Forum conferences, research and publishing?
To stay up to date, you can sign up to our weekly business brief here: www.innovationforum.co.ukBy signing up, you’ll receive our latest analysis through our weekly newsletter. You’ll also be the first to find out about similar conferences and related content.
- How can I get updates on the conference?
How can we sponsor this forum?
At Innovation Forum, we are always looking for new organisations who are able to support the work that we do, and promote leading debate and discussion.Innovation Forum events offer a fantastic opportunity for sponsors to be able to showcase their work to, and network with, a room full of focused, relevant and senior sustainability professionals.For information on how to get involved and support this forum, please contact Anita Thomson at [email protected]